Thursday, January 17, 2008

John Maynard Keynes Lives!

John Maynard Keynes, the British economist credited with influencing governments to spend money to overcome economic downturns, is alive in spirit and living in the bodies of Ben Bernanke and George W. Bush (That rumble you hear is Keynes turning over in his grave. Sorry about that John Maynard!). In testimony given today, Bernanke has actually endorsed giving money to low/moderate income Americans!!! (That Plop! Plop! Plop! noise you hear are the rich money managers and investors hitting the floor after fainting at betrayal by one of their own.) Now, please don't you readers faint on me, but hold onto the arms of your chair tightly, as it seems that none other than George W. "Aren't The Free Markets Wonderful For The Rich" Bush has also signed onto such a plan. (Give me a moment, because I'M holding onto the arms of my chair!) Okay, I criticize when I feel it is appropriate, so I have to give credit when I feel the bigwigs do something that is right (No "credit" crunch here; get it? No "credit crunch?" Alright, so that wasn't such a good one.) The link below should take you to the actual story:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/22705103/


Recently posted on this topic:

http://pontificating-randy.blogspot.com/2008/01/some-quick-thoughts-on-economy.html

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home