Monday, November 26, 2007

To "Air" Is Human

Okay, you caught me! I know it should be "To Aire Is Human." Hmm, why does that still look wrong? Anyway...


We have people who bash government inefficiency; we have people who bash private sector inefficiency. The idea that any human developed entity will always, or darn near always, run smoothly is just not in the cards. Certainly, politics can openly come into play in government agencies and programs, but politics gets played in the private sector, too, and in our every day lives; we just don't always call it "politics," or maybe at times, we don't recognize it to be politics.


Regular readers know that I have supported certain government programs, and in fact, I wish there were a couple more available to support, like health care for all Americans. While I support these programs, I've NEVER claimed that they are fault free. In fact, I openly say that we need to deal with the flaws and abuses in these programs. Sometimes, supporters of government or supporters of the private sector can't bring themselves to admit that there are indeed flaws in the systems dear to their hearts. I certainly don't always buy into how badly run government programs are, especially when I see how well the private sector has managed mortgages, credit, and the financial system in general. They've run these things so well, that the stock in many of the companies involved in these concerns have dropped by at least 50% in just the last month or so. The point is, human beings are in charge of private sector endeavors, and human beings are in charge of public sector endeavors, and thus we come right back to the title: "To Air," or is it "To Aire?" Oh, you know what I mean!

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home